Six of Crows (5 points)
Leigh Bardugo is the closest author I can say that I am an active fan of. I read the Six of Crows duology back when it first came out, and I am really fascinated by her other book The Language of Thorns. When I was younger, it was because of the cover art more than the actual text of the book. This week was definitely a break for me, so I wanted to revisit a childhood favorite, and it was honestly better the second time. When I would try to convince my friends to read the book, I would always say that it was a fantasy heist book with teenagers who honestly are more mature than they should actually be. After re-reading it, I am honestly dumbfounded how Bardugo managed to write a mystery novel under the guise of a heist plot. I have a novice appreciation of story structure and have always loved how mystery novels are written. Going back through the book made me realize that the group of six deplorable teenagers could have been doing anything and th...

Comments
Post a Comment